Official Contest Rules
No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning.
- These rules (the “Official Rules”) govern any giveaways and contests (“Promotion”) for on-line contesting
- The Promotion is open to all legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and who live in Tucson, Arizona or within 100 miles of the City of Tucson. Employees of Tucson Lifestyle Magazine, its corporate parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, its advertising agencies, and the members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings or children) or households (whether related or not) are ineligible to participate or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations; void outside the United States, in NY, and where prohibited.
- Only one winner per household is permitted in any Promoter contest.
- Prior to acceptance of prize, winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, provide social security number, release form and show proper I.D. certifying compliance with official rules.
- Entrants are required to provide truthful information and Promoter will reject and delete any entry that is discovers to be false or fraudulent. Promoter will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements, and Promoter will also delete any entry knowingly received from persons under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and as otherwise required by law.
- To participate in the Promotion, you may enter via the following method(s):
ONLINE – visit www.tucsonlifestyle.com and follow the links and instructions to enter the Promotion, with your first name, last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, date of birth, and a valid email address in the online entry form. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning the email address of the domain associated with the submitted email address. Entries submitted will not be acknowledged or returned. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Promoter shall not deem proof of submission of an entry proof of receipt. The contest administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Promotion. For purpose of this Promotion, a “Day” shall begin at 7:00:00 AM MST and shall end at 11:59:59 PM MST.
- Prizes will be as listed on the Promotion. Winner will be required to utilize all of its prize within a year period from the date of winning the prize will be considered forfeited. All customer service, quality or other concerns must be resolved directly with the Product Manufacturer, Provider, etc… Tucson Lifestyle Magazine has no liability for any prize malfunction or quality, customer service related issues.
- Winner must supply their social security number to obtain prize certificate
- Winner will forfeit any prize not claimed within 30 days of winning.
- All prizes are awarded as-is. There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Promoter is not responsible for winners’ limitations that prevent acceptance, use, or nonuse of prize. Entrants acknowledge that responsible or liable for, any warranties, representations or guarantees, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties expresses or implied, in fact or in law, whether now or hereafter enacted concerning any prize, including without limitation, implied warranties of quality, merchantability, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose, except for any express manufacturer’s warranty as a may be included with the prize or may be separately provided to participants by law. Other restrictions may apply.
- Any prize certificates or coupons are subject to the terms and conditions as set forth by the issuer of the certificate or coupon. Such certificates and coupons are not refundable or transferable, and may not be substituted or exchanged for cash or credit at any time, nor will such certificates or coupons be replaces if unused, lost, stolen, or damaged.
Winner Selection and Notification
- All decisions of Promoter management with respect to the Promotion are final.
- Odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received.
- Unless otherwise specified in the prize notification, all prizes or prize certificates may be picked up at the office of the Promoter at the address below. The winner will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed within thirty (30) days of winning. Prize or prize certificates will not be mailed to the winner without the winner’s prior written consent in which the winner shall agree to assume its risk of loss. The Promoter, its sponsor, or promotional partners are not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winners. Inners will be required to complete and submit and IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent including the winner’s full Social Security Number for receipt of any prize valued at $600.00 or more or any prizes awarded by Promoter in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600.00 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
- Participating in the Promotion and acceptance of any prize constitutes each entrant’s and winner’s (and guest’s where applicable) permission for the Promoter or its agents to photograph, film, record that entrant, winner, or guest and to use his or her name, city, state voice, or likeness, and any statements made by him or her regarding the Promotion or its sponsors for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
- Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, and depending on the nature of the prize and eligibility requirements of the contest, the Promoter in its sole discretion will require verification of Promotion winner’s identification by a showing of valid government-issued photo identification. By entering, participating and/or accepting a prize in the Promotion, each entrant, winner, and guest if applicable, aggress not to sue and to release, discharge, indemnify, hold harmless, and absolve Tucson Lifestyle Magazine, the Promoter, its sponsors and promotional partners, its advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents, and representatives and the successors and assigns of each of them (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, suits, losses, expenses, costs, damages, and liabilities including, without limitation, interest, penalties, court costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the Promotion, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Promotion, or possession, acceptance and/or use of misuse of prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity, including but not limited to any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion or privacy and merchandise delivery. Promoter may require eligible Promotion winners and their guests or travel companions, if any (as well as each of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s), if winners, guests or travel companions are under the age of majority in their state of residence), to sign a liability release confirming such consent. Except where prohibited, by entering the Promotion, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize(s) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Tucson, Arizona; (2) any and all claims; judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs uncured, but in no event shall such costs include attorney’s fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including, without limitation, lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”). Further, by entering the Promotion, each entrant waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased.
- Promoter, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person (and all of their entries) from this Promotion if he or she tampers with the entry process, the operation of the Promotion, or the operation of Promoter’s website or is otherwise in violation of the Official Rules or direction of Promoter. Promoter further reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Promotion, or any part of it, if it is not capable of completion as planned or if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond the Promoter’s control, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Promotion as determined by Promoter in its sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any person to deliberately damage any Promoter website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Promoter reserves the right to seek full prosecution and/or damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law. Promoter’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision. If due to circumstances beyond the control of Promoter, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, Promoter reserves the right, but not the obligation, to modify, suspend, or cancel the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion, or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, malfunctions, disconnections, other technological failures, telephone service outages, delays, dropped calls, or busy signals; or any other difficulties that may prevent an individual from entering or participating, or (iii) lost, stolen, mangled, misdelivered, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, or late entries. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a promotion prize that cannot be awarded due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disaster, weather, acts or terrorism or other factors beyond the Promoter’s control.
- Except where prohibited, by entering the Promotion, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prizes(s) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs uncured, but in no event shall such costs include attorneys’ fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including, without limitation, lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”). Further, by entering the Promotion, each entrant waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased.
- To obtain a copy of the Official Rules or a list of winners following completion of the Promotion (please specify which), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope specifying “Official Rules” or “Winner List” to Official Rules Request, Tucson Lifestyle Magazine. 7000 E. Tanque Verde Rd. Suite 11 Tucson, AZ 85715. A copy of the Official Rules and a list of winners (when complete) are also available during regular business ours at the business offices of Tucson Lifestyle listed above. All such requests must be received within thirst (30) days following completion of the Promotion.