- This event has passed.
4th Annual Buffalo Bill Cody Day in Oracle
February 23 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
The community of Oracle honors the 173rd birthday of William “Buffalo Bill” Cody, the iconic 19th century world entertainer and local Oracle, AZ. miner. Enjoy free presentations, entertainment, Native American arts/crafts and entertainment, local history displays and presentations, book talks, treats, and a treasure hunt for kids.
This year’s event also pays tribute to William “Flint” Carter, Cody Days founder, who passed away in December. Carter spent over four decades prospecting the Santa Catalina Mountains and held over 100 mining claims in the mountains.
“Buffalo Bill” Cody owned several mines at Campo Bonito in the Santa Catalina Mountains, near Oracle, during the last decades of his life. Cody would spend many winters in Oracle managing his mines which produced tungsten, silver and gold. This is also the 102nd anniversary of the Cody’s passing.
Cody Days Weekend Event Highlights: February 23, 2019
• Tribute to William “Flint” Carter
• Magic Show for the kids by Ross the Magician
• Kid’s Treasure Hunt
• History & Legends of the Santa Catalinas, displays and educational information about Carter, Cody & Oracle.
• Free birthday cake for the kids and adults, compliments of the Oracle Inn.
• Author and publisher Robert Zucker discusses the treasures and legends of the Santa Catalina Mountains and Cody’s interest in the Iron Door Mine.
• American Indian handmade arts 7 crafts available for purchase, including presentations.
Jewelry Give-A-Way– from the Santa Catalinas: A drawing for pieces of local sourced jewelry that were mined exclusively from Buffalo Bill’s the gold and silver mines in the Santa Catalina. Must sign up at Oracle Inn before drawing and be present to win.
For more information contact Robert Zucker, 520-623-3733 or email email@example.com