Pro's Who Know
Design of the Times
Elizabeth Spengler, ASID, president and CEO of Dorado Designs, Inc.,
relocated to Tucson from Wisconsin in 1989, leaving her interior design practice. After working for others for a short while, she opened Dorado Designs at Swan and Sunrise, later moved to Oro Valley, and now conducts business at 8444 N. Oracle Rd. There, Dorado Designs offers kitchen and bath designs ranging from upper middle to top-of-the-line.
Spengler has 38 years of experience, and with her team of designers and craftsmen, her company has won many awards. They can take care of every part of the design process, from the plans to the completed project.
Tips and Trends
- Choose professional designers who specialize in kitchen and bath remodels.
- Request materials and fixtures that offer easy maintenance and durability.
- Latest trends include products with new technology such as touch-less faucets and hands-free drawer openers.
- The most requested styles include contemporary versions with clean lines.
- Engineered quartz countertops as well as glazed lava rock, wood and glass countertops offer options to the traditional granite.
Dorado Designs, Inc.
8444 N. Oracle Rd., Suite 150
FROM TOP TO BOTTOM Tuscan-style kitchen with a farm sink, stone butcher blocks and stainless steel island, photo by Jeffrey Portelli; clean-line aesthetics enhance the updated master bath suite, photo by William Lesch; professional demonstration kitchen includes renewable wood, marble and glazed lava rock counters, and specialty glass custom hood, photo by Amy Haskell; Elizabeth Spengler, ASID, photo by Leslie Young.